About Me

December 19, 2011

Me, poetexter.

Poetexter?

Oh yes, you read that right. It is a portmanteau I created by merging poetry and texting.

     And that is what I have been doing lately. Elegantly gliding my fingers over the keypad much to my mother’s agony and amusement and churning out poems. Within me, a poet lives. A poet thrives on those small strands of experiences that I go through everyday.

     Today, a friend of mine texted me the following.

 

“The way sand absorbs water, it feels as if the water is tracing back into time…”

 

   What she got back from me in a while was something that went like this. I’m cruel, you see.

 

“The way sand absorbs water,

Feels like the water

Is tracing back into time.

This, marvel of nature.

 

The way the waves wash away,

Those sins on our feet,

Is transient as ever.

Forgiveness, is still alive.

 

Sins and waves, both

They never do stop, never.

Feet draw in, and stagnate.

Right into the sands of life.

 

Washed away, memories

Blurry as they ever have been,

Are the only vehicles, they say

To turn time, right back.”

 

      Yes, that is pretty much all that I could conjure up in one go. Not a bad attempt, I’d say. And this is not all. It is just a poem in the midst of the tens I have written this month. Since the onset of the current month, the dam of poetic thoughts and inspirations has broken free. Maybe listening to songs by The Beatles is adding in. I guess I have inspired many more hidden poets to come out, and am proud of them!

     An obsessive thinker, I just can’t help turning philosophical texts into poems and sending them back to you. Now unless you decide to pester me, be prepared to get a poetext free with every beautiful text you shower me with.

    Beware. Might just blow your mind off.

Thebiggerbang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Me, Midas Touch by Raj Kunkolienkar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at imidastouch.blogspot.com
.